Le forum de l'hébreu

Forum créé le 28/1/2008 08:21 et administré par Serge Frydman

Obtenez 1000 visiteurs rapidement !
Obtenez 1000 visiteurs rapidement !
Outils webmasters Compteur Chat Forum Sondage Découverte Référeur

M'inscrire M'inscrire Me connecter Me connecter Mot de passe oublié Mot de passe oublié Retour au forum Retour au forum

Pages: 1
Poster un nouveau message Répondre au message
Auteur Message
   Trier par date décroissante
ymakerpi8d
Posté le:
26/7/2023 04:16
Sujet du message:
Eagles Doug Pederson explains controvers
Répondre            
Email:
lovelystyle100@yahoo.com

Doug Pederson has defined his head coaching career in the NFL with his aggre sive play calling. The head coach may Jason Kidd Jersey have been too reckle s in Sunday's lo s to the . scored on a 5-yard touchdown run to cut the Eagles' deficit to 21-17 with 5:20 left in the third quarter. Pederson, who converted a two-point attempt earlier in the game, just needed an extra point conversion from to make the score 21-18 -- putting the Eagles within a field goal of the Giants. Instead, Pederson decided to go for two again -- which would have made the score 21-19 if the conversion was succe sful. was sacked on the conversion attempt, and the score remained 21-17. The Eagles would not score again the remainder of the game."The decision making you know, was to obviously trust my guys upstairs," Pederson said regarding his decision to go for two. "We just converted one before and I felt good with the play call. You go for it and you make it and a field goal can win the game for you later on in the fourth quarter. It at least gives you the opportunity Jae Crowder Jersey to know what you need to do to win the game." Pederson offered a deeper Monday morning, explaining the decision had more to do with improving the chances to win if the attempt was succe sful."So we have a two-point chart based on points and win probability," Pederson said. "Down four, to go down two in that situation, your win probability goes way up and that's why I made that decision to go."So were the Eagles' chances of winning greater by going for two? The Athletic's Ben Baldwin demonstrated Philadelphia's chances to win Devin Booker Jersey the game are 47% if the conversion is succe sful compared to 43% of the Eagles convert the extra point. If Philadelphia failed at the two-point conversion attempt, the chances of winning go down to 42%, compared to 43% if the Eagles just kick the extra point and make it. Strong lean (as far as 2-pt attempts go) in favor of going for it there, like the Eagles did Computer Cowboy (@benbbaldwin) The succe s rate is much higher of kicking the extra point then going for two, which the Eagles are succe sful just 38.14% of the time. Jake Elliott has made all 12 extra point attempts this season.Perhaps the Eagles are too dependent on analytics and Pederson doesn't have a feel for the game -- where kicking the extra point puts his team down a field goal with just over 20 minutes of game clock remaining. The Giants ended up punting on their next two po se sions and the Eagles trailed by four both times (21-17).After New York kicked a field goal in the fourth quarter to make it 24-17, the Eagles needed a touchdown to tie the game -- forcing Pederson to go for it on fourth-and-10 from the Giants' 36-yard line with Dan Majerle Jersey 4:56 to play. If the Eagles kick the extra point Shawn Marion Jersey earlier to make the score 21-18, they are trailing 24-18 on that fourth-and-10 and Pederson perhaps kicks a 53-yard field goal to cut the deficit to 24-21. Or Pederson calls his plays differently in a 24-18 game knowing he doesn't need a touchdown to force overtime, hoping his defense can get one more stop and play for overtime on the next po se sion. Even in a 24-18 game, a touchdown and an extra point gives the Eagles a 25-24 lead heading into that drive. Pederson trusted his number gurus to go for two down 21-17, a situation that ultimately made the Eagles' chances to win more difficult. The Eagles head coach should have cashed out when he had the chance. Click here Click here Click here 

Poster un nouveau message Répondre au message
  Pages: 1

M'inscrire M'inscrire Me connecter Me connecter Mot de passe oublié Mot de passe oublié Retour au forum Retour au forum