International Center

Forum créé le 29/8/2004 18:36 et administré par Vianney Guerrier

Obtenez 1000 visiteurs rapidement !
Obtenez 1000 visiteurs rapidement !
Outils webmasters Compteur Chat Forum Sondage Découverte Référeur

M'inscrire M'inscrire Me connecter Me connecter Mot de passe oublié Mot de passe oublié Retour au forum Retour au forum

Message précédent

Pages: 1
Poster un nouveau message Répondre au message
Auteur Message
   Trier par date croissante
hannah
Posté le:
10/7/2009 22:04
Sujet du message:
fond memories
Répondre            
Email:
hannahwyatt@yahoo.com

Chacha is a lively little town in the mountains with lots of character, many funny characters and the best cake! In every direction you can see mountain tops with clouds circling them, and there are many places of natural beauty to visit nearby. I loved walking in the surrounding areas and was in awe at how stunning Huancas and Gocta are. The school has a great atmosphere with nice students (Well, most of them!), lovely staff and good resources and the karaoke sessions on Friday are lots of fun. Fidel and Vanessa went out of their way to help me with everything and offer support and advice on teaching methods, class activities and local customs. As well as enjoying their lovely food and company on nights out, I’m very grateful to them for making my time a happy one. I have very fond memories of Chachapoyas and the people I met there and was sad when I had to leave. I would have loved to stay longer and will definitely return to Peru in the future. 

Lauren
Posté le:
27/12/2008 13:29
Sujet du message:
yes the real peru
Répondre            
Email:
lauren.walder@gmail.com

I would recommend teaching at Chachapoyas. It is a very rewarding challenge - the materials are incredibly useful, the students want to learn (most of the time), the school is in close proximity to everything in Chacha; most importantly San Jose, aka; cake heaven.
Chacha is a great way to begin travel in Peru. I stayed for a month at the school and then travelled around Peru and parts of Bolivia. Getting accustomed to the culture; way of life, food and drink, language, transport, etc is very useful to adjust to Peruvian life in a safe environment and will give you extra confidence for the remainder of your stay in South America.
Also Chacha is surrounded by places of natural beauty, so makes a wonderful base to see the sights of the North. In a few years (maybe when they have safer roads or better marketing) these places will be abundant with tourists - so visit them now! You can see Carrie's photo hanging in San Jose - under cake and doughnut fiend!!

vicky
Posté le:
24/11/2008 22:51
Sujet du message:
the real peru
Répondre            

Deciding to teach for a month at ILC was one of the best decisions i've made. The teachers and students were great which made the experience loads of fun and extremely rewarding! Vanessa and Fidel have complied a great range of materials and are always around to answer any questions regarding lesson planning! Chachapoyas really is pretty unique and my experiences there were quite different to the rest of my travels in Peru! Firstly, it was great to get a taste of Peruvian life away from the more obvious tourist destinations in the South! Also as Chachapoyas is on the brink of a tourist boom because of it's stunning scenery and surrounding archeological sites, it is worth visiting it now before it becomes too spoilt. You can also experience the best chocolate cake in Peru at San Jose (it's what dreams are made of!), Pizzeria lock-ins complete with Salsa lessons, top quality Cumbia music in Cho Cho's and be back in time to make up a dance routine for the Friday Karaoke lessons! Amazing. 

Poster un nouveau message Répondre au message
  Pages: 1

M'inscrire M'inscrire Me connecter Me connecter Mot de passe oublié Mot de passe oublié Retour au forum Retour au forum

Message précédent